CTC-RI / PCMH Kids and RIDOH is pleased to announce that the following 10 practices have been selected to join the 2021 Pediatric/Adult Health Care Transfer of Care Quality Improvement Initiative:
- Coastal Medical East Greenwich
- Coastal Medical Narragansett Bay Pediatrics
- Coastal Medical East Providence
- Coastal Medical Waterman Pediatrics
- Hasbro Pediatric Primary Care
- Hasbro Center of Primary Care
- Chad Nevola, MD
- Pilgrim Park Medical
- Providence Community Health Center - Capitol Hill
- Providence Community Health Center - Randall Square
These pediatric and adult team partners will work together to improve transition of care for youth as they transition from pediatric to adult care. Teams will be asked to test the transfer of care concept on a small sample of identified “transfer of care” young adults. Teams will apply selected Core Elements from Got Transition’s approach, using the performance improvement process, and develop and implement a more intentional and structured approach to the transfer of care process.
The program kicked off on May 19, with the teams getting to know each other and learning about the the Health Care Transition Process Improvement: Pediatric to Adult Transition from the National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health Team. Presentation can be found here.
Congratulations to all the selected practices! Special thanks for Tufts Health Plan and RIDOH for providing the funding for this initiative.